Landowner participation in the Open Space/Land Preservation programs in
The minimum for Open Space consideration is normally 10 acres unless the LPB determines that the property has unique features.
- Interested landowners should complete an Application (PDF) and submit it to the Township Manager.
- Each application is reviewed by the Board for completeness and appropriateness for a match against available programs.
- The Board will conduct a site visit to the applicant's land. The property is scored using the approved Rating Criteria Form (click here).
- Applications are ranked by score for available funding.
- When a property is identified for a program/funding, the landowner must have at least one current appraisal of the property. The Board can assist in identifying appropriate appraisers and will pay reasonable costs for appraisals in support of a land preservation application.
- An application is made on behalf of the landowner with the appropriate State/County/Private funding source. Township commitments for Open Space acquisitions require the approval of the Township Board of Supervisors.